Identified niches in the higer educational area in the Wester Balkan Region's countries, manly Partner Countries in this project proposal (MK, HR, RS), are:
(1) the low responsiveness of the educational programmes to the changing market needs,
(2) the limited availability of continuing education (life-long learning) programmes,
(3) outdated or limited access to equipment and teaching aids and
(4) limited inclusion of European dimension in Macedonian higher level education especialy in 2nd and 3th cycle based on a thoroughly evaluation of the industry and market needs and
(5) the limited mobility of students and academics.
The MAS-PLM project Comsortium partners has identified one joint goal as a measure in process to overcome these problems which is incorporated in the specific project’s objectives.
- To develop the structure, the teaching contents and to introduce new Master studies in Product Lifecycle Management with Sustainable Production, based on the ECTS in accordance with the BD and to fulfil the conditions between partner institutions for recognition of degree.
- To develop and implement regional continuing education network with certified lifelong learning courses for SME professionals, flexible to adapt to new technologies, trends and industry needs.
The first project outcome is, the UKIM-FME, FMENA and UNS-FTS to develop and implement new Master’s studies programme with the courses brakedown in 4 modules:
1.Management of Technology (MT)
2.Product Management (PM)
3.Process Management (PsM)
4.Sustainable Production (SP)
The second project objective is, the UKIM-FME, UT, FMENA, US and UNS-FTS to develop and conduct life-long learning courses for SME engeeners and professionals, in severall LLL groups:
(Group 1) Product Lifecycle Management oriented courses,
(Group 2) Sustainable technologies oriented courses and
(Group 3) ICT oriented courses for non-IT engineers.
1. To develop the structure, the teaching contents and introduce new Master studies program in Product Lifecycle Management with Sustainable Production, based on the ECTS in accordance with the Bologna Declaration and to fulfil the conditions between partners in PCs for recognition of degree.
2. To develop and implement regional continuing education network with certified lifelong learning courses for SME professionals, flexible to adapt to new technologies, trends and industry needs.
1.1. Preliminary discussion of the course subjects during the first management meeting
1.2. Analysis of industry needs and requirements
1.3. Development of course syllabi, content and selection of teaching staff
1.4. Defintion and approval of overall structure of the Master studies Curriculum and the teaching staff with 3 workshops
2.1. Retraining of the selected academics in the EU partners
2.2. Development of new teaching materials for the courses
2.3. Printing and publishing of new teaching environment manuals
3.1. Identifying the necessary equipment for the partner universities
3.2. Purchasing and implementation of the teaching and communication equipment
3.3. Training for new softwere tools
4.1. Defining of LLL program and retraining of the selected academics for LLL courses in the EU partners (linked to 2.1.)
4.2. Preparing of the course materials, case studies and manuals for LLL courses.
4.3. Implementation of the LLL courses by EU partners and partner universities
5.1. Support visiting lecturers in the first year study
5.2. Support joint thesis and evaluation
5.3. Support student mobility
6.1. Organisation of networking events with regional industries
6.2. Development of web sites for master studies and LLL courses
6.3. Printing and publishing of the promotional materials
7.1. Creation of sustainable linkages
7.2. Institutional sustainability assessment
7.3. Centres of Excelence for PLM technologies and networking
8.1 Monitoring of the prepared teaching material and conducted LLL courses (linked to 2.2 & 4.2)
8.2. Accreditation of new Master studies programme
9.1. Start-up meeting meeting
9.2. Coordination of project management meetings for progress review
9.3. Project management and project administration